Welcome back to Manchester!
Please follow these steps if you are returning to study for your second or final year in 2023/24:
- Register onto your programme again. Please note the additional registration information which includes deadlines and financial penalties for not completing registration on time.
- Complete your course unit selection.
- Attend your compulsory Welcome Back Meeting with your Programme Director. Details will be available soon.
Welcome back Meeting presentation slides
Further information for returning students
- If you have received prior permission to transfer to another Alliance MBS degree programme, subject to successful completion of the 2022/23 academic year, you will receive separate confirmation after the results have been published to say that your transfer has been processed.
Please do not make your course unit selection on the student system until your new degree programme is displayed when you log on.
- If you experience problems logging onto My Manchester you should contact the Student System Support Helpdesk via firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)161 275 5000
- If you are studying on a Tier 4 Visa we are required to monitor your engagement on your programme. Throughout the year you will be asked to complete a census check. Please monitor your email for updates and actions required by you for this.
Update your contact details
Keep us informed of your current semester-time and home addresses. If you move address at any time during the academic year you must inform the University and update your details on the student system (campus solutions) which is best accessed through My Manchester.
Please update term time address (rather than mailing address) on the system and/or your home address depending on which is changing.
If your telephone number changes, you must also update this on the student system (campus solutions).
You must also inform your Programme Administrative Office staff via AMBS 2.091.
If you do not tell us that you have changed your address or telephone number we will not be able to contact you and you could miss vital information about your programme, including examination information. We also need to have an up-to-date emergency contact number.
Undergraduate Services will endeavour to text you if any classes are cancelled. We would therefore ask that you flag your mobile number as your preferred number on the student system (campus solutions) so we can communicate quickly with you where necessary.
Contact with third parties
There is a contract in place between the student and the University.
A student may authorise a third party to act as his/her agent but unless this authorisation is given in writing then members of staff are not able to discuss issues regarding students (medical, academic or other issues) with third parties.